Saturday, December 4, 2010

cold + rainy = lazy Saturday

This morning, it was freezing when I let Snap out (as it has been all week). Well, within 30 minutes it had started raining and still hasn't stopped. At that point, I canceled my outdoor plans (going for a run) for the comfort of my warm, dry house!

Since Snap and I had the house to ourselves (Christopher is in Florence this weekend), we had a lazy Saturday. Our day consisted of wearing pj's, watching t.v. in the bed, a little laundry, watching t.v. on the couch and eating. Pretty perfect as far as lazy Saturdays go!

Even though Christopher wasn't with us, Snap and I decided today was a great day for his favorite lunch- grilled cheese. But it's not just any grilled cheese... In honor of Christopher, I will introduce you to his favorite sandwich and the highlight of Snap's day:

It's a grilled Palmetto Cheese Sandwich!


In case you haven't tried it, Palmetto Cheese is seriously amazing!
We like it with a kick but the regular is good, too!
(and for the record... any kind of pimento cheese grilled is good- but this is divine!)


This is the part that makes it REALLY special... my mom's homemade sourdough bread.
Grilled on a skillet with a little butter and you have a small taste of heaven. I mean, what could be better than Palmetto Cheese or homemade bread? Grilled Palmetto Cheese on homemade bread!

Some people cook for a crowd. I cook for an audience. This is what I look down and see the ENTIRE time I am cooking!
Such a loyal helper, right?!? He is also a great taste tester. (It's hard to refuse those eyes.)

All in all, it was a great Saturday. The only thing that would have made it better is if Christopher had been there to eat a sandwich with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment