Monday, January 20, 2014

39 Weeks, 2 Days

So, shockingly, I am not good at blogging. We've been busy, and I know we will only be busier but I really hope that I can do this so that Arthur's childhood/ our daily lives can kind of be documented somewhere. 

This weekend has been great. Christopher and my mom finished our guest/ Arthur's bathroom. It looks SO good!! I am so grateful for a mom and husband with renovation skills. In case I haven't said it before on here, that room was by far the worst room in this entire house. Wallpaper, stenciled walls, gold fleck formica, a broken fan, horrible fixtures, and a loose toilet were just a few of the things that had to be tackled. Now, it is guest/ Arthur- ready! We still have some work to do in our master bedroom and the guest bedroom, but it is just nice to have that project taken care of. Here are 2 after pictures. We still have to hang the mirror, but need to let the countertop sealant sit for a few more days before we do that.




Arthur's room is all ready for him, too! Once again, I am so grateful to my mom and Christopher for ALL that they did to get the room where it is. I did some work, but had a lot of physical limitations. I will post picture of it at some other point. (Can't find them right now!)

This weekend, we had a 3 day weekend. We didn't do anything big, but we tried to make the most of the time we had.

Friday night we went to Don Jose, our regular Mexican restaurant. They have fed Arthur a lot of meals this pregnancy (those nights where I needed a taco). The waiter was so cute giving us a close table (citing the fact that I shouldn't walk far), getting our food out fast, and telling us he hoped to see 3 the next time we came. :) Another waitress said she wanted me to bring the baby next Wednesday. 

Saturday was spent going out to lunch (Five Guys), going to Target, and Christopher and my mom finishing the bathroom. I did other random tasks around the house, most of which were sitting projects. We finished by having pizza for dinner and having the bathroom D-O-N-E! (Can you tell that I am just really excited by this?)

Sunday, Snap and I let Christopher sleep late. We cooked breakfast at home and then watched Joel Osteen (I am beyond uncomfortable sitting for extended periods at this time and so I have not been going to church.) For lunch, we had leftovers. We cleaned around the house. Then last night, we had pizza leftovers and watched Downton Abbey. We got rid of the DVR this week (that could be a blog post in and of itself) so I sure hope that Arthur lets us watch it the next few Sunday nights. ;) If not, I'm sure we'll get the DVDs or wait a year for it to show up on our Netflix streaming.

 Today, Snap and I let Christopher sleep in again and cooked him breakfast. Unfortunately, this also meant that we woke him up... we aren't too quiet in the kitchen. I did some swiffering around the main areas of the house and Christopher did some other chores. We decided to take Snap to ChickFilA for a "special lunch" and picnicked outside since the weather is beautiful. We also ran a few other errands (one of us stayed in the car at all times-- we do NOT leave our dog unattended). We finished the afternoon with a short walk and grilled out for dinner. Here are some pictures from our time with Snap (and his tongue is out in both!)




Now, for the last weekly update. A belly picture will follow. We are going to do it Wednesday morning before we head to the hospital to have baby Arthur. :)

How far along? 39 Weeks & 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: +/- 30 pounds 
Wearing any maternity clothes? Definitely. The only clothes that aren't maternity that I am wearing are some of my sweatpants and Christopher's pullovers
Stretch marks? Not that I've found yet!
Sleep: Yes, but on the couch. (and sometimes with the assistance of Benadryl)
Best moment this week: The last pre- Arthur weekend with Christopher and Snap- Mexican, pizza, 1 last Target trip, ChickfilA with Snap, etc.
Missing anything: Margaritas, my non-maternity (and way too small) clothes, sleeping on my stomach, being comfortable
Baby Movement: Yes, and it's painful most of the time.
Food cravings: pretty much anything carb laden (thank you, gestational diabetes)
Anything making you queasy or sick: cabbage, coleslaw
Have you started to show yet: You'd have to be blind not to know. :)
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Lots of contractions, but unfortunately, little guy is transverse and there is no chance that he's gonna turn around. 
Belly Button in or out? WAY out.
Wedding rings on or off? On-- they got tight a few times but I think humidity was a factor
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but I sometimes have weepy moments about silly things.
Looking forward to: holding my sweet boy in just a few short days.

No comments:

Post a Comment